Moving - How should I prepare my new home?

• Hi Everyone,

I am moving in the next few weeks to a new apartment with my family. I was wondering if I could seek your advice and recommendations. Since my granddaughter is sensitive to spirits as are my daughter and I, I'd like to make our move as smooth and comfortable as possible. I have heard on many occasions that it is a good idea to prepare a space using sage or blessing it with holy water etc. Still others have advice about what gems to have on hand. Anyway, I'd like your ideas on just what I should do to prepare our home for the best possible energy transition possible for all concerned. Hoping you will share your wisdom with me.

• Hi RCd,

Wow moving...how fun, exciting but very exhausting. A new place, a new space, a blank slate. I've been told by my grandma to always cleanse a new dwelling before even moving in your stuff. The process I follow is:

1.) Visit the new home first and feel out each space.

2.) Clean the area. Sweep and mop the floors. Remove all cobwebs from ceilings and corners. Get those dust bunnies. Scrub the tub, toilet, sink. Basically clean the space.

3.) Then put small pile of salt in every corner of each room. Let this sit over night.

4.) Next day, go through the house and open all the interior doors, draperies, shades and window. Then sweep the pile of salt towards the threshold of each room and dustpan it onto a paper back. Start from the back of the room to the living room where the front door is. Dispose of the bag to an outside trash bin. Then ask for protection by saying a prayer" I'm a catholic so I do a prayer 1 Our Father 3 Holy Mary 1 Glory Be and the Nicene Creed ( I Believe in God....) Then ask protection from Arch angel Michael by saying:

Saint Michael, Archangel, defend us in battle.

Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil.

May God rebuke him, we humbly pray.

And you, Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God,

thrust into Hell Satan and the other evil spirits who prowl the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

5.) Then do a smoke out. Walk about to each room...When entering each room command all negativity and unfriendly beings to leave the premises and that you claim the space for you and your family. Let the smoke fill the room (make sure before doing the smoke out all the doors and windows are open. (repeat as needed)

6.) After the smoke out take a detour at church and light a candle say a prayer to have all the negativity removed from your home and body. Take a bath in sea salt. Add 1/2 to a cup of sea salt into a warm bathwater then soak for fifteen to twenty minutes. Then take a shower with a moisturizing gel (this last part is for moisturizing stuff is optional. You've done all that work might as well pamper yourself a bit - I use the vitabath plus for dry skin. Its in the

white box with the purple print. I use to have such a hard time with dry skin and it is a little bit pricey but oh so effective. (lol - sorry for the TMI - too much info)

I hope this works for you. It has worked for me so far

Good luck with the new place 🙂

TkEmp

• TkEmp, awesome description, thank you so much.

• bump

• bump....just looking for more insight.