We will all be stronger

• To listen to this song do a search in google for faith hill stronger. The "play song from myspace music" is the best online free version.

Stronger by Faith Hill

This is the window to my heart

I just want you to be free

There ain't no freedom where we are

Ain't no wishes in these stars

Ain't no reason to believe

But don't worry baby

Don't you worry

Maybe this is what we need

A little bruising, a little bleeding

Some space that we can breathe in

Some silence in between

Chorus:

So cry for me baby, and I'll cry for you

And we'll both break down and we'll both break through

We'll find our way and we'll face the truth

We both will be stronger

And we'll lie down in our loneliness

And wake up with our sad regrets

Even though we don't know it yet

We both will be stronger

We both will be stronger

I can't believe you're really gone now

But I know it's for the best

And I know that we weren't right

But I still reach for you each night

And man that hurts like hell

(Chorus)

So Baby

(Chorus)

This is the window to my heart

I just want us to be free

Baby I'm sorry for the way things are

Goodbye is always hard

And we both will be stronger

• Salient a little trivia question for you? How many gallons of tears can one body yield in a day? I think I have set a new record...thanks to you Again. lol Nice choice once again. Thank you for your gift of encouragement.

• You cry till you're done.

• I just listened to it, actually on YouTube (David Letterman live 3-10-07). It didn't do anything for me, though. I didn't cry. BUT I love Faith Hill (and country music is my main love in music). She is just the greatest! How about this song: Air Supply "Here I am (the one that you love, begging for another chance.....". I just love this song. And what about Brenda Lee "I'm Losing You" or Tanya Tucker's "Love Me Like You Used To". I'm the Queen of heartbreak songs. But I love Tim and Faith's "It's Your Love." See I usually watch my nighttime soaps on the SoapNet channel, but since our big fight, the soaps are forgotten, it's love songs and this Forum. I'm feeling good actually right now. It's because I have such good friends here, and we're in this all together.

• Greetings SalientL, I read your post on TODAY I HATE. It seems like you triggered something in CWB.

I just wanted to comment on your matter with your friend. She may have been a great friend but i think that stopped when she decided to pursue a relationship with your ex. What will stop this from happening with your next man or anyone else she deems is better off with her? I can tell you that if i were you I would always be cordial in honor of the memories created but I would never let someone like that back into my circle....

I am not you however. So if it works, i suggest writing the good and the bad, pros and cons of your relationship. If after all this you still want to remain friends, then go for it. If not, exhale...she only made room for your soul sister to appear.

Blessed be

• Thank you bingisouljah,

I have decided to exhale. I'm looking up and forward............

It just hurts to let go of people we care for. We want people to forgive us and accept us in bad and good yet there are times when we must not accept others for bad and good? This is so difficult to reconcile. I am not upset with CWB. It just hurts for someone like me who rarely reaches out to pull back a nub. I'm OK. It helps keep all things in perspective. Something we should all do.

• Lady Salient,

yes, it hurts to be so compassionate for others and not feel the love in return at times. Two things....I doubt CWB meant anything by it.....i think you triggered something that prompted the harsh response so it is not really about you. Remember that giving should not be about receiving. I find it hard to accept this at times but someone wise mentioned to try giving without reaching nor passing your limits as this causes resentment and expectations. I guess what i'm saying is, give what you can afford to lose and you've got to learn to give to yourself too. As people, we beat ourselves up all the time, maybe it is time to start hugging ourselves in any way possible too?

Remember what I said about the calmness around you? Part of that comes from your life experience...you've been through soooo much and yet are able to keep a part of you calm when stuff hits the roof. I will give an example ok? Remember the story about your ex, choking you in the car and despite all that was going on, your mind told you to flail your legs out the door and someone noticed and came to help? Do you know how many women have been through that and didnt make it out alive or could not be facilitators in making it out alive? I'm not sure that if someone I loved so much was trying to end my life, that I would be able to fight, muchless push aside my lack of oxygen to try and figure out what next.

Your friend is still your friend, just from a distance. If your fingers get burnt when using your fave worn out oven mitt, do you keep using it and burning your hand or do you buy a new one and use your fave for a different purpose? I may be wrong, but you can forgive while not forgetting the lesson learned. Will you be learning a lesson by bringing her around a new love and then being afraid to go pee leaving them both alone together? (LOL)

Give yourself credit. What you seek is within, you just have to feed it. I'm not like the greats in this forum who are blessed with and nurture their gifts. I speak from what I deduce and what I would do if I wasn't so vested in the situation, which you are. Don't forget your journaling, I think you will be great at it.

Blessed Be

🙂

• ps

I think you should read Watergirls's reading for you in the "STUCK" thread you started. It should guide you with your friend issue.

• OMG Salient, I didn't know what you'd been through. I just read bingisouljah's post above. I am so sorry to hear what happened to you. That must have been so, so scary. You are a very brave lady.

• Hello all, I really like this thread, I'm feeling a little down myself, I have read some of your stories and I wanted to say I'm glad you are feeling better and looking upward.

So far this thread is very friendly, encouraging and positive just what we need.

Best wishes to all of you, XOXO

• Hi HappyDoc,

You are ever so right. The reality is that who ever comes and who ever goes they do make us well different. Sometimes stronger and sometimes weaker but what follows usually makes us stronger. We are all growing closer and closer to ourselves. Sometimes that requires pain. After all you can't make great wine until you squeeze a lot of grapes.

So here's another song:

Kristin Chenoweth: For Good (search this on youtube to hear it)

(Elphaba) I'm limited

Just look at me - I'm limited

And just look at you

You can do all I couldn't do, Glinda

So now it's up to you

For both of us - now it's up to you...

(Glinda) I've heard it said

That people come into our lives for a reason

Bringing something we must learn

And we are led

To those who help us most to grow

If we let them

And we help them in return

Well, I don't know if I believe that's true

But I know I'm who I am today

Because I knew you

Like a comet pulled from orbit

As it passes a sun

Like a stream that meets a boulder

Halfway through the wood

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?

But because I knew you

I have been changed for good

(Elphaba) It well may be

That we will never meet again

In this lifetime

So let me say before we part

So much of me

Is made of what I learned from you

You'll be with me

Like a handprint on my heart

And now whatever way our stories end

I know you have re-written mine

By being my friend...

Like a ship blown from its mooring

By a wind off the sea

Like a seed dropped by a skybird

In a distant wood

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?

But because I knew you

(Glinda) Because I knew you

(Both) I have been changed for good

(Elphaba) And just to clear the air

I ask forgiveness

For the thing I've done you blame me for

(Glinda) But then, I guess we know

There's blame to share

(Both) And none of it seems to matter anymore

(Glinda) Like a comet pulled from orbit

As it passes a sun

Like a stream that meets a boulder

Halfway through the wood

(Elphaba) Like a ship blown from its mooring

By a wind off the sea

Like a seed dropped by a bird in the wood

(Both) Who can say if I've been

Changed for the better?

I do believe I have been

Changed for the better

(Glinda) And because I knew you...

(Elphaba) Because I knew you...

(Both) Because I knew you...

I have been changed for good.

• I really like the words of this song. I shall go and listen to it right now.

• Salient....

I fear my new attitude right now. The songs that keep coming out at me are Daughtrey's "No Surprise" and " What I meant to say". I think I am getting impatient and just tired. lol The marriage counselor told me to take the music and go out to the woods and break them. You know, I get that concept but crumb...I then get to clean up the mess... so really??? I think I am getting burnt out by BS.

How are you holding up Love? I haven't been on much but think of you daily at least twice. ~HUGE Hugs/Peg

• Hi Feangelikah,

I haven't been on much either. Had to take a little breather, keep things in perspective.

These songs are perfect. You are grieving now, that is a step forward. Don't break your music. Never break your music. Just keep growing with it.

Hey, my counselor told me it was my own fault that my best friend betrayed because I didn't set the proper boundary to never be friends with a secretary when I am in upper management. Ha! She has condemned me for how much I talk with my older daughter and for dating too! Maybe we should take the counselors out to the woods!!! hehehe.

OK, you are getting better. You have left the zone of hopelessness and are now in the zone of grief and remorse. Next comes anger. Anger is a much stronger place to be BUT it can be negative too if you allow vengeance and rage to enter. Keep your calm. There will be a day when the anger and hate passes. Gotta be honest here and say I still HATE that man! But it is starting to subside now that he is gone. I am entering the zone of recovery. You will get there too. time...

On a positive note, there are lots of fish in the sea and some of them have been checking out the bait here. I may have even met a genuinely nice man. I am learning something new about myself along the way. I am entering the zone of acceptance and of discernment. I am somehow getting better at discerning and cutting off the not so genuine men and accepting the good one. I have also begun to build new friendships through meetup.com. Some of the groups are not good but I have found a couple of them that are. Something for you to look forward to someday.

Still trying to live Saliently!

New song for you today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH0myt6ndYM

And go rent the movie this weekend. This is YOU coming.... Eat Pray Love!

"Better Days" by Eddie Vedder

I feel part of the universe, opened up to meet me.

My emotion, so submerged, broken down to kneeling

Once Listening, voices they came

Had to somehow greet myself, greet myself

Heard vibrations within my cells, in my cells

Singing ahhhhhh ahhhhhh

My love is safe for the universe, see me now i'm bursting

On one planet so many turns, different worlds

Singing ahhhhhh ahhhhhhh

In my heart with discipline put there for the teaching

In my head see clouds as stairs help me as I'm reaching

The future's made with better days

I'm running, from something, I'm running towards the day

Why are we

My whisper was quiet, I'm rising to a scream

I am here

I'm falling, free falling, words calling me about my needs

I'm falling, yeah darling, you'll be the one that I can need

Stay and be free

Our future's made with better days

• Seriously Salient?!!! You are at fault? I love that you are open with your daughter. I have such an open relationship with my children. They are at different levels of course but now that most of mine are grown they have told me over and over how important it was and is to them still. Why is it her business if (is it you that is dating? or your daughter? sorry missed it. ) either of you is dating? I have to say that throwing my counselor sounds more productive than throwing dishes that some other family would love to eat off of. AND less clean up! lol Counselor wood field trip ....scheduling it in now.

I am so glad that you are moving on. This is my 3rd and final. I was voted to never marry when in highschool...maybe I should have listened then. I wouldn't have my beautiful 5 children or the blessings they have given me so far ...7 grandchildren! I AM blessed...but crumb I am only 45...can't they NOT follow my steps. Sorry I got carried away. lol I am glad that you are being careful and pray you will HEAR clearly as the Spirit leads you. I also have an opinion (of course I do) about your relationship with co workers. Some of my very closest friends have come from work...we have things in common DUHHHH. Boundaries yea...because you seen her BS coming?..Like our first though of our friends is that they are going to STAB us. I hope you can hear my sarcasm. I have been told that it doesn't always come through on email.

I am actually biting the bit at anger it makes me sick and I do NOT like me when I am resentful...not right...not me...not allowed. Anger is violent and anxiety. I fight it and then resentment at myself. I must learn to release. I am afraid of what will come out sometimes so Tai Chi and MUSIC to calm the lion beast within or more like the wolf within. God I really need wings to fly away with...sigh.

Good luck and SERIOUSLY blessings (often used too loosely ) to you with the new friend...go there first Love, careful but take your steps! Discernment for me is quick it is the listening to it that is not so quick. lol

Salient...Thank you for sharing in my life and letting me into some of your's. I wish the pain would calm more so I could spend a little more time on with you. I would love to see your spirit more. You are beautiful and loving and so strong even when you don't see it.

I am going to listen to the song and OMGoodness I want so badly to see that but the hubby is home for the weekend and I can't watch it while he is here. I will see if I can get it Sunday or Monday.

I feel that I need to say to you that ...You are not to be too guarded That you think you do not deserve to have something so good as a genuine man. That you don't trust they exist? Make any sense to you? I hope it is just my emotions coming through...could be too close to the situation but...? No..I don't think so ..anyway.

Huge Hugs Salient and keep striving for living Saliently. Angels on your pillows Love/Peg

• Salient ...I miss you. I pray you are doing ok. I am here if you wish to talk. Huge WARM Hugs.

• Feangelikah,

I am here. I had a super busy weekend. AND, it was wonderful. The new bull (Taurus) in my life took me and my girls tubing at the local ski slopes. We had a blast. This man is so nice and such a refreshing personality compared to the A-type A-hole I dated before.

I read some of your threads. Ain't that just like a man, always wanting only what is just out of reach. That's why anger set in just in time. Feangelikah, I know anger is not your preferred emotion. It isn't mine either. But I came to understand that not only is it ok to get angry but when you have a right to get angry it is necessary. It is also part of the path away from the dooming grief. It is through our angry that we regain our pride, a much healthier emotion than grief or anger.

You and he are both diamonds. In fact all people are like diamonds. Some have been chipped out of the dark coal, polished clean, and now shine ever so brightly. Some have been chipped out of the dark coal but still need polishing before they can fully shine. People are at many level of this, maybe parts are clear and shine but others are still cloudy with coal. You, shine brightly. You rubbed very close to another diamond covered in coal and a bit clouded your brilliance. Polish it back away. He will need much more time in life and likely the next before he stops smudging others with his coal. You are in reality far stronger and far more brilliant than he is.

Breathe, breathe deep. Let the healing energy enter into you. You have left the grief part of the path, embrace the anger and leverage it to polish those cloudy spots and don't let anyone put out your light again. There are so many of us who need it, need to see it. You mentor us daily with your strength and your pure human heart. Thank you. We appreciate and value you.

For you today, an Irish Blessing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1EBFT-yIRA

the music is beautiful on youtube

An Irish Blessing by Roma Downey

May the blessing of light be upon you, light on the outside and light on the inside. With God's sunlight shining on you, may your heart glow with warmth like a turf fire that welcomes friends and strangers alike.

May the light of the Lord shine from your eyes like a candle in the window, welcoming the weary traveler.

May the blessing of God's soft rain be on you, falling gently on your head, refreshing your soul with the sweetness of little flowers newly blooming.

May the strength of the winds of Heaven bless you, carrying the rain to wash your spirit clean, sparkling after, in the sunlight.

May the blessing of God's earth be on you and as you walk the roads, may you always have a kind word for those you meet.

May you understand the strength and power of God in a thunderstorm in winter, the quiet beauty of creation and the calm of a summer sunset.

And may you come to realize that insignificant as you may seem in this great universe, you are an important part of God's plan.

May He watch over you and keep you safe from harm.

• Salient it is so about time! I am so happy for you! I am sorry it has taken me so long to respond back to you. So are things still going well with you and the bull? How do the girls feel about him? How exciting and warm to hear.

Thank you for you! and the blessing. I have always loved this blessing and Roma does it so well.

Hey I watched Eat , Pray, Love and then had a group of family over the other night to watch it. Not only did I really like the movie but I loved having people close to me again. I cannot wait to get into our home and have a home with life not a dark house. I am trying to sell my piano ...she just turned 100 or will next month so we will see. Until then I wait and grow in me the best I can here and he ..he just got another financial blessing. I am happy for him but to throw it in my face that he gets to waste more money because he just got good news and why can't I come up with some different and better meals .....because I am BROKE! I have never lived in a situation where money and bills are separated and If one doesn't have enough the other says so what are you going to do? This is so weird to me

Anyway I am trying to look at what I see and feel ahead, as well as, trying to be very alert to other possibilities.

You I pray are enjoying life at it's best right now. You are so blessed ...you have the girls! And it looks like some light is shining on your love life as well. Let me know how things are going Love.

• Salient it is so about time! I am so happy for you! I am sorry it has taken me so long to respond back to you. So are things still going well with you and the bull? How do the girls feel about him? How exciting and warm to hear.

Thank you for you! and the blessing. I have always loved this blessing and Roma does it so well.

Hey I watched Eat , Pray, Love and then had a group of family over the other night to watch it. Not only did I really like the movie but I loved having people close to me again. I cannot wait to get into our home and have a home with life not a dark house. I am trying to sell my piano ...she just turned 100 or will next month so we will see. Until then I wait and grow in me the best I can here and he ..he just got another financial blessing. I am happy for him but to throw it in my face that he gets to waste more money because he just got good news and why can't I come up with some different and better meals .....because I am BROKE! I have never lived in a situation where money and bills are separated and If one doesn't have enough the other says so what are you going to do? This is so weird to me

Anyway I am trying to look at what I see and feel ahead, as well as, trying to be very alert to other possibilities.

You I pray are enjoying life at it's best right now. You are so blessed ...you have the girls! And it looks like some light is shining on your love life as well. Let me know how things are going Love.

• Greetings Lady Salient....

Been reading up on your posts.

smile smile hugs.

Blessed be