TheCaptain

• TheCaptain,

Can you determine where my life is heading by my DOB (Feb. 23, 1997)? Like, in all aspects: family, friendships, money, and love. I would like to know what is instored for me.

Sorry for posting it in the wrong place.

Do you need my birthtime?

• ReeseyReese, you are here to learn about the nature of beauty and to discover what, at the deepest level of your heart, you truly value and treasure. Though not necessarily an artist yourself (although you might become one as you are gifted in the areas of art, culture, religion and philosophy), you must sharpen your aesthetic sensitivities and use them to inspire your ideals and visions, whether with regard to the arts, political and economic structures, or in other areas. You are a creature of instinct with more natural, spontaneous and open energies than most people. But you must learn how to ground yourself in the present moment in order to make your dreams real. It is not merely enough for you to have a dream - you must also be able to make it real. Thus your career will be where a lot of your life issues are worked out. Music, art, film, literature or other creative areas will feature strongly. Your creative energies will find expression in many ways - pursuing leisure-time activities at home, raising children or pets, travelling to photograph exotic or unspoiled natural settings, collecting beautiful objects, or taking an interest in clothing styles and designs. However, many of these industries attract those who are very superficial or overly concerned with looks or image, so you need to keep your feet on the ground and not get swept up into a sophisticated pretentitious world where you become dishonest or devious like so many others there. Excessive idealism can be a problem for you so try to bring solid and realistic practicality to your ventures. Your sensitive nature can give rise to all sorts of upsets and setbacks unless you remain objective and calm. Generous, devoted and spiritual, you have a great need to improve the world. If you can overcome a tendency to avoid confrontation with the grittier, more practical side of life, you are sure to succeed in whatever you do.

The people who will be of the most help and support to you wll be the friends and lovers who understand your passion and can offer assistance in the form of introductions to a more harmonious approach to life - teaching you, for example, the social graces or the fine art of diplomacy, helping you become more patient and pragmatic about your abilities and the world itself. Anyone who is very excitable, shallow, or unsettled are the kinds of people you should strenuously avoid. You will not want to be tied down or feel trapped in any way, especially in relationships. You must avoid a tendency to over-idealise other people because it will set you up for disappointments when you realise your friend or lover is only human after all and can't possibly live up to your impossible expectations.

Grounding yourself in reality is probably the most important thing you can do in every aspect of your life. Fantasy is great for creativity, but it doesn't work when applied to people or situations. Otherwise, you may spend your whole life searching for some perfect partner who doesn't exist. Don't have such unrealistic standards that they can never be met or you will be a very lonely unhappy person indeed. And don't wear a perfect mask yourself or pretend to be someone you are not - people can always sense dishonesty and won't like it. Just be yourself and express what you feel honestly and without fear. The more genuine and upfront you behave, the more you will attract the same sort of people.

Aim high but stay on the ground, work hard, stick to a high moral standard, and learn to forgive much. Stay connected with your spiritual and moral ideals even as you walk around with your feet firmly on the ground. In order to experience peace and oneness, you must not hide yourself away but go out into the world and be of service to others. Don't search for a saviour or mentor whom you can follow blindly or feel like a victim if someone takes advantage of you. You must be your own hero and guru, allowing your considerable intuition, strength and inner guidance to lead you safely and securely through life. You will never fail or be alone if you are your own best friend.

What is best for you are people and experiences that will nourish your idealism without arousing your excitable over-sensitive nature. Reaching a peaceful plateau emotionally by avoiding the ups and downs of your psyche is essential to your well-being: calming routines like yoga, meditation or other balancing regimens (not the least of which is following a healthy diet), and regular exercise are all good for you. A good sense of timing is also important - to know the right time for events to unfold. Developing the insight to know when to will what you want into being and when to simply let them happen will save you a lot of stress.

You are very talented and would make an excellent doctor, dentist, nurse or nurse's aide, because you have healing energy which can be used to serve others in practical ways. Other good career choices for you are psychologist, healer, counsellor, dietician, accountant, organizer, actor, dancer, teacher, architect, designer, trainer, athlete, writer, and craftsperson. You will get along well with your co-workers and bosses/employees. You can do in a hour what might take someone else five. You will probably want to earn enough money so that you can be self-reliant and not have to depend on anybody else. The only thing that can stop you experiencing a sense of abundance are self-worth issues. If you don't undervalue yourself and your skills but instead step up and let the world know how much you are worth, you will have plenty of money flowing to you. The only thing that can stop you succeeding is your own self-doubt so get a grip on your ideals, stay practical and realistic, and keep positive.

2011 for you is an 11 personal year. This is the year in which you experience much soul growth and you are called upon to give of yourself, your time, your talents, your insights. There is much illumination to be gained. This is a very spiritual vibration and it is best to channel the energy of the 11 year into some artistic or psychic endeavour. Your intuition should be humming this year, with revelations, visions, and psychic illumination. The 11 brings with it inspired thinking, originality, and inventiveness. Sometimes there are unexpected associations or unexpected breakups. The new year brings you opportunities to gain prominence. You may find yourself in the limelight and in a favourable position to launch a new product, invention, idea, or service. Definitely a "Go for it" year!

• "You must avoid a tendency to over-idealise other people because it will set you up for disappointments when you realise your friend or lover is only human after all and can't possibly live up to your impossible expectations." But I thought there was a perfect person for everyone out there. 😕 I seem to be drawn to more negative people. I don't know why but I do. I'd prefer a broken friend than a perfect one... Hmmm.

"Otherwise, you may spend your whole life searching for some perfect partner who doesn't exist. Don't have such unrealistic standards that they can never be met or you will be a very lonely unhappy person indeed." I've already started to do this. I'll try my best to not let myself fall into this pit. I know I have unrealistic standards.

"Just be yourself and express what you feel honestly and without fear."I already know I will not be able to do this.

"Don't search for a saviour or mentor whom you can follow blindly or feel like a victim if someone takes advantage of you. You must be your own hero and guru, allowing your considerable intuition, strength and inner guidance to lead you safely and securely through life. You will never fail or be alone if you are your own best friend." Whoa, I was thinking about doing this. I have never had a bestfriend but I really want one.

"Reaching a peaceful plateau emotionally by avoiding the ups and downs of your psyche is essential to your well-being: calming routines like yoga, meditation or other balancing regimens (not the least of which is following a healthy diet), and regular exercise are all good for you." I am EXTREMELY lazy. I usually start doing these things but never follow through.

"Developing the insight to know when to will what you want into being and when to simply let them happen will save you a lot of stress." I'm 13 and I've already found 5 gray hairs which are a sign of stress.

"The only thing that can stop you experiencing a sense of abundance are self-worth issues." True. Really true.

I also have depression. I was diagnosed in April of 2010 but I think I've been depressed since I was about 9. My mother (Nov. 26, 1974) is still kind of in denial. I haven't gotten proper treatment. She thinks that talking about things will make me feel better but I don't think it would work. She doesnt know that I've been depressed for this long of a time. She doesnt know a lot of things. She told the psychiatrst she doesnt want me on meds but I think that's the only way I can feel better. Do you know of a way I could tell her or how she would feel? I'm deathly afraid of telling her this.

Merry Chistmas!

• Dear Captain,

It's been over a year since I've asked for a reading (got one from Hanswolfgang)...does anything come to mind for me? I'm open to anything you have to say. DOB 8/9/1957. Thank you & Merry Christmas!

Cynde

• Emereaux, this is ReeseyReese's private thread. Please start your own thread by clicking on the "Create a new topic" button at the top right of this page and you will be answered there.

• ReeseyReese, it's obvious why you are attracted to negative people because that is how you feel inside. You feel unable to express yourself honestly, you get depressed, and doubt yourself. We always attract what we give out.

You are also drawn to broken people because you want to help them - you have a deep humanitarian quality, being a 33 personality in numerology. I too am a 33 and know that we have a universal mission to help mankind as much as we can. See this thread - http://www.tarot.com/forum/topic.php?id=5423&replies=27

I don't think you are lazy at all - you just don't feel good enough about yourself to keep doing good things for yourself. Why are you so down on yourself when you are such a talented and kind person?

I think you are most likely empathic which can cause depression by you picking up everyone else's negative thoughts and feelings around you. You can learn how to tune out other people so that you can find peace. Search the internet for info on being an empath.

• "We always attract what we give out." I've heard that statement before. I guess it's somewhat true. I'm skeptical that that's really what happens. I've been told that about other things but it doesnt seem that true.

"You are also drawn to broken people because you want to help them-" That's true. But you can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped. I help others but I seem to never get anything in return.

I'll take a look at that thread later. 😄

"Why are you so down on yourself when you are such a talented and kind person?" I honestly don't know. I guess it's just a never-ending internal battle.

I'll look at the empath thing.

Do you believe that certain stones and maulets can protect a person?

I feel as though it wasn't my time to be brought onto the Earth yet. I feel like whoever/ whatever (I'm agnostic) put me on to this planet should've waited. But now I'm stuck here.

Thanks for taking your time and doing all of this.

• ReesyReese, Please excuse my intrusion on your thread!

Best wishes,

Cynde

• It's okay.

• Do you believe that certain stones and maulets can protect a person?

Oh, and can I ask for a compatibility reading in this topic or do I have to put it in the other one?