Soul Mate Advice

• I have been dating a man for four years that I recently found out is a soul mate. He is unlike me in many ways, but there is something about him that keeps me there. I feel like while with him I have experienced much spiritual growth due but the relationship can be somewhat challenging and frustrating at times due to how different we are. In my gut, I feel he cares greatly for me but is not ready to express these feelings to me. We are very different which I guess is part of the attraction. I am a Sagitarrius and he is a Cancer. Any suggestions to neutralize the negativity that arises from our very different strengths and weaknesses.

GreyStar

• What are the birthdates?

• 12-1-1973 me & his is 7-3-1970 Thank you for your help Captain. It sounds like my daughter is very compatible with him. I can see a depth in their relationship and confort level increasing each time they get together. Our relationship tends to be frustrating at times as he tends to pull away suddenly with no notice and then comes back. When he pulls away suddenly, I get kind of anxious at times. Over time I have realized he will come back, but it has been taken time to see that. He seems to have a strength of character and sense of family. I joke with him and tell him that his strength yet gentleness is part of what I am attracted to. When we are together it is absolutely wonderful, I wish I could find a way to to hold on to that feeling when we are apart. My gut tells me that he cares deeply or is love with me even though he does not tell me these things. I would like to find a way to bridge the gap that appears when we are together then have a period where he pulls away so that we can communicate. I am typically not a needy person by nature, but the sudden pulling away makes me feel like I am at times. Typically, I am a person that needs a sense of space once I am comfortable. Any suggestions to help make the path with my soul mate smoother would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for your help Captain.

GreyStar

• The central theme of this relationship is often a search for natural attitudes and renewal. In fact, the relationship itself can be very uplifting to both of you - a place where you go to recharge your batteries, and a kind of retreat or haven from the outside world. You two will feel very much at home in nature, taking walks, hiking, canoeing, or camping. You GreyStar will likely be very protective of your partner and try to shield him from a hostile world. He meanwhile can put you back in touch with your childlike self and with your deeper world of feeling. Thus, there are simultaneous dangers here of overprotectiveness and of living in an unrealistic dream world.

Your love affair can be tender and sympathetic. Affection is expressed easily here, and is often considered as important as sex. Warmth and understanding are usually the norm here more than wrenching emotion. Your partner can lead an excitable you, GreyStar, to a deeper understanding of sensuality while you can introduce him to new heights of passion. Entertainment, both personally invented and commercially provided, is an essential element of daliy life for the two of you. Avoiding boring or repetitive routines, the pair of you are drawn to vivid, exciting, and fun experiences, both within your home and out in the world. But although you can appreciate his gentle brand of love for a while, you may eventually grow tired of it., feel trapped or controlled, and seek to escape. Your partner's charming childlike nature here can often mean immature. You must tell him how his pulling away makes you feel. It is the Cancerian way to escape life and responsibility from time to time and your partner will always need to do it. So you must work it out between you or call it quits if you cannot tolerate this behaviour. When it comes to facing challenges, life and adventure, you two both deal with it very differently. You GreyStar tend to run towards it while your partner runs away from it. He may see you as a strong mother-like figure, who can protect and nurture him like a child.

• During the time apart, I tend to get anxious, restless and at times out of balance. I am not sure if it is due to the fact I am not sure how to process the deepth of emotions he brings out in me or something all together different. As I have been hurt much in the past, it tends to be challenging to allow myself to feel for a guy deeply and allow them too close. I also tend to pick up upon the emotions of people I am around. But since that gift is pretty untrained so it can affect my own moods. I have the feeling if I could learn to train that gift the time apart would not seem so stormy at times. Not sure for the official names of some of gifts I developed over the span of my life. Could my attempts to suprress these gifts over time be affecting other areas of my life? What are you tthoughts on this.

• You sound like an empath to me. Yes it can affect other areas of your life to suppress your true self.

• Regarding romance, I sense in you a definite imbalance between being too trusting on one hand and too cynical on the other when it comes to committed relationships. There is a fear of being cheated on or engulfed by another person too. In your realtionships, you may have to learn to accept people without needing to 'fix' them. Your friend has a rather compulsive need for order, for being rational and for avoiding emotional chaos, that may be at odds with your own more spontaneous fun nature.

• That is very true that I tend to be too trusting or too critical. How do I work to find that balance? How do I learn to train the empath skills so that work for rthe good and not affect my own life so greatly? I also tend to just know things that I don't know where that knowledge comes from. I can look in a persons eyes and see things about them that they typically don't share with other people. Deep things. I used to read tarot cards for myself and close friends. The sense of accuracy kind of scared me. I sense things about people I meet, but beause these skills are untrained they tend to pop up when I least expect it and can be quite distracting. I have come to a point. I feel I need to train these skills so that I can find the peace I seek and use it to help others but not sure where to start. My daughter started showing gifts at age 4 and I don't want her to fear her gifts but to use them for good and train them. What are your thoughts and what are. These things called.

• You can learn how to turn down your ability when out in public. You probably find crowds a strain as I do. There is plenty of good info on this site and on the internet about training your psychic ability and empathic skills.

• Captain,

Crowds are a challenge. Thank you so much for all of your help and where to search. What are other names bsides empathy that I should search under. Its been a very long time since I've tried to do any kind of traing and had a guide. I never really knew the technical names of the gifts I had.

GreyStar

• Just do a search under psychic ability.

• Thank you Captain.

• Dear Captain,

I am seeking to gain insight of how to turn challenges that occur during thee course of my dating my soul mate into stepping stones for growth. Aside from the love I feel for my cancer soul mate, I feel that this connection is to bring is to bring about much growth. I am taking your advice by not seeking to change the person but to look at things in myself that may affect the relationship I.e. like underlying themes and attitudes. I hope that makes sense...

I recently had my astrological chart reading done on the website here - sagitarius sun, acquarius moon, and cancer rising... how would the acquarius and cancer aspects come into play in the relationship. Do you foresee a deepening of the relationship or marriage in the future with this cancer man? Just want to be sure it is not more of a wishful thinking on my part than true gut feeling. In the area of my own love life, it can sometimes be hard to differiate. One thing that came up in the astrological reading that it would be important for me to find freedom through responsibility rather than freedom from responsibility.. almost as if I need to find the freedom I seek in day to day things somehow. I tend to do most of my deep thinking sometimes at night. Any insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much with all of your help! I hope you have nice Holidays.

GreyStar

• Dear Captain,

I am seeking to gain insight of how to turn challenges that occur during thee course of my dating my soul mate into stepping stones for growth. Aside from the love I feel for my cancer soul mate, I feel that this connection is to bring is to bring about much growth. I am taking your advice by not seeking to change the person but to look at things in myself that may affect the relationship I.e. like underlying themes and attitudes. I hope that makes sense...

I recently had my astrological chart reading done on the website here - sagitarius sun, acquarius moon, and cancer rising... how would the acquarius and cancer aspects come into play in the relationship. Do you foresee a deepening of the relationship or marriage in the future with this cancer man? Just want to be sure it is not more of a wishful thinking on my part than true gut feeling. In the area of my own love life, it can sometimes be hard to differiate. One thing that came up in the astrological reading that it would be important for me to find freedom through responsibility rather than freedom from responsibility.. almost as if I need to find the freedom I seek in day to day things somehow. I tend to do most of my deep thinking sometimes at night. Any insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much with all of your help! I hope you have nice Holidays.

GreyStar

• Bump. I hope you had a nice Holidays Captain.

• You must face all the feelings - good and bad - that this man arouses in you, especially addressing the issue of why you feel so anxious, restless and out of balance when he is not there. It's important to know why you feel such things so you can get to the real root of the problem. I feel you may have a conflict within you for what your emotions tell you and what your intuition tells you is going to happen with this relationship, and also with your desire to be connected to others and your need for freedom and independence.

With your imaginative friend, I think he tends to fear what he can't control so you will be quite the challenge for him with your impulsive and freedom-loving ways. I believe both of you were drawn together because each of you is designed to bring out the other person's insecurities and fears. Many people think soulmates make our lives easier but often they are here to challenge us and help us to evolve through conflict and opposition. You must face these fears and not run from them if you truly want to grow. Only honesty and courage will lead you where you want to go.

• Thank you Captain. I am trying to work through things as they come up. I did not realize I was bringing out the same kind of growth within him. That would explain part of the need for. Space to process things. It is amazing you picked up on the inner conflict between emotion and intuition freedom. And need for closeness. When my intuition picks ups, my fears doubts and insecurities arise. My intuition tells me he is not read to commit now but loves me even though he does not speak the words. I think part is due to a very sick family member he cares for and that he won't commit until he feels he can commit 100%. I think the change towards marriage will happen suddenly and lover the next two years. My emtions wonder if this is wishful thinking and fears the closeness I desire as I don,t want to feel consumed sooo to speak and lose myh individuality as I did in mhy previous marriage and am afraid my freedom might be limited which tends to make me feel controlled. Logically...I feel these are irrational fears and insecurities. I feel the key somehow is to understand freedom in everyday life and in commitment. Do you have any clarification on this concept.

As you have shown such kindness and helped me, please let me know if you would like for try an intuitive reading for you. I hope one day I can provide people with the insight and support as many on these forums.

Thank you Captain.

• No, your fears are not irrational - they come from past bad treatment from others. To get past them, you only need to have confidence in your own strength to handle whatever life and other people throw at you. Face your worst fears - would being alone really be that bad? And you can be free and still be with someone - you just have to speak up when you feel they are infringing on your space too much. They may not even realize they are doing so.

Anything you pick up for me is appreciated. 🙂 Practice is the best way to increase your psychic ability. Don't be afraid to be wrong - at least by being wrong, you find out what doesn't work for you so that you can be right next time. It's hard at first to tell your gut instincts from your emotions and desires.

• Thank you for the insight Captain. I will definitely see what I can pick up. I have the most trouble on the empath abilities where my personal life is concerned. I think I hit one of those problem areas as the cancer has returned to his shell. I started to try to brush on the area of my spirituality some the last time we got together and now he has went back to his shell to think...

It might take me a day or two to pick up something... Since I haven't utilized my gifts regularly, It takes me really meditating and doing some clearing of my mind to pick up on others at a distance.

On an off topic, I tried to help someone with an uintuitive reading...but I noticed the post was altogether not there now. I put my email address in there which is not something I have never done before...would that be the reason it might have been removed? Since I am pretty new to this sight, I wanted to be sure I didn't do whatever I did wrong on that in the future...

GreyStar

• Yes, admin frowns on personal email addresses and removes them and sometimes the whole post. They fear people trying to get money from forum members privately.