Help..."How he feels" 3 card spread

• Hello!

SO, I did a simple yes or no 3 card spread for "does 'x' care for me the way I care for him..." and I got these cards (in the Caselli deck)

Eight of Swords, Queen of Pentacles, Knight of Cups.

So, seeing as theres 2 positive and one negative im assuming its 'mostly yes'. Now....I dont understand how the queen of pentacles and the knight of cups together form emotion. I get that the eight of swords must mean he's scared or something....but what about the other two?

Thanks!

• Well because of the way the question is worded, I think you are getting a bit of a extra info. Essentially you asked a question not only about him, but about yourself. ' does he care as much as me'. Maybe a better question would be are his feelings honest and sincere.

Since you've involved yourself I think the cards are also going to address how you feel about him as well as how he feels about you. ;'Mostly yes' the two of you care the same about each other. Is he the only one that's scared, holding back? Because you worry he doesn't feel the same, do you hold back instead of just being free with your love? Do you think he may be picking up on that and in turn hold back or worry? Does the queen sound anything like you? Does the knight of cups (young/er man in love) mean something about who he is in this reading?

I understand I just gave you a set of questions and not many answers... but after you answer those questions, you may not need my answers... it may not help at all, who knows ;o)

you might try a different spread with more cards and ask about his sincerity and level of commitment. The answer then might come more clearly.

• Ooohhh. Wow, you know, I completely never thought about that. And yah, it makes sense! Thank you very much, I'm gonna throw another spread on with the question you suggested....though I don't know if I actually need to, cause I think it's pretty clear.

But it never hurts to have extra info 😄

• Oh man. Okay, so I did what you suggested with a relationship celtic cross....and what I see is pretty much a confirmation that he is letting some heart ache in the past completely control his present situation. I see that he's tried to recenter himself in the past, but the immediate future is a reversed 2 of cups....so clearly he isn't doing a very good job. I'll give you the spread:

Question: Are his feelings towards me honest and sincere. Relationship Celtic Cross. Caselli Deck.

1.Love and me: Temperance

2. Situation: King of Cups

3. Challenges: Six of Cups

4. Background: Reversed Page of Cups

5. Recent Past: Four of Swords

6. Higher Power: Three of Swords

7. Near Future: Reversed Two of Cups

8. Issues: The Sun

9. The Loved One: Seven of Pentacles

10. Advice: Wheel of Fortune

11. Possible Outcome: The Hermit

So....yah. I'm going to assume, from the last 3 card draw I did, that yes he cares....but this celtic cross spread just threw all his isses at me. I'm assuming if he doesn't change the way he thinks (Wheel of Fortune) that he will either be alone or he'll have to take even more time away to think about himself (Hermit)

• Maria - are you pulling your own cards - for yourself?????

• Are you using this website to do your readings?

• Nope, those are mine.

• well good! looks like you have a better hold on the reading now. I agree with what you see here. The next reading you might ask what your best course of action is in regards to this individual. It might lend you some insight as to how is best for you to proceed in this situation.

I'm over joyed you were able to find some clarity with your reading!

• I only have one thought to add, I have been doing readings for approx. 4 years so I am in no way a pro, but, I have studied, the Rider-Waite deck and card meanings. One thing that always sticks in my mind is this:

There are no such thing as reversed card meanings, I know it's hard to swallow, but let me tell you Rider-Waites logic behind this:

They believe that if you pull a card and it's upside down you should turn it right side up and always, always, do your readings this way, why?

Because there are 78 cards in a tarot deck and if the cards wanted to convey something to you they would surely be able to relay the message to you in a card in an upright position rather than asking you to turn cards all different ways and try to make sense of your reading. So if I

were you, I would go back to that last spread and interpret the reading this time with all the cards upright.

I have a great deal of respect for Rider-Waite deck and their theory's, but that's just me. Try what I suggested and see how it comes out. When I read that there are no reverse meanings it made my life so much easier to do my own readings and understand what I was being told.

Think about the message for one minute, 78 cards, all the meanings and suggestions that can turn up in a reading for you, why would anyone make interpreting a reading any tougher than it already is, if we choose a card and it's upside down, turn it upright because the deck has plenty of cards to choose from to give you the message necessary.

Hope this helps...

• It has been my experience that it up to the individual reader. I have several friends who only read the cards right side up, and they are very good at what they do. It's your own attachment to your deck of cards. If reverse readings don't carry any value for you then by all means you should read them how they speak to you best.

For people who are starting out I often think it's best to know the upright meanings, and view a reversed card as some kind of block in the natural upright energy of the card. So really there is no need to overwhelm yourself with new definitions... just understand when the card is reversed the querent may be fighting/blocking the energy of that card in some way. It's just supposed to be an added insight rather than a whole new meaning.

Yes it's true that you can do a very good reading without reverse cards, and you should decide which is better for you as you continue to work with your cards.

I'm sure the cards can relate their message in the upright position, but it is the reader who must determine how best to communicate with their own cards.

• I agree with bleu on the reverse reading topic. They are used, and are valid. BUT it does depend on the reader's feel or preference. The reader can feel (based on the energy present) how to interpret. I've been using my cards for years, but have only been doing external readings for the past year. I generally don't do reversals. Occasssionally though, I feel that when a card comes in reverse it belongs in reverse. I don't do it based on what the card is or the position. There's just something in the way it 'came out' or just a feeling that tells me this card should stay in reverse. I rarely feel this, but sometimes.

I also don't read reversals as 'opposite' to the upright position. I do read it as something 'blocking' (as bleu states) or as something opposing or altering the cards upright meaning.

I'll also agree with both bleu and Myview that the 78 cards without using reversals can give you all the proper variety and detail required for a detailed and accurate reading. So you probably aren't missing anything by choosing not to use reversals.

• Wow, that's SUCH a relief. I feel like the reversed two of cups has a meaning in the reversal, and I think you guys hit the nail on the head when you said it could be a block in that particular meaning, which makes so much sense in that situation. But I've been doing a few readings and i've gotten reversals in cards that are already generally negative, so that was veeery confusing, and I'm glad to know that I can just twist it around and get the same meaning.

Thank you very much, everyone, for your insight and advice!

• By the way, I was going to throw my 'two bits' in about your reading, but I pretty much agree with the interpretation you guys have already given. So I have nothing extra to add to it...

• Haha, thank you anyway, DreamerNorth. I appreciate your insight about reversals.

• Okay, I hate to throw another spread on here, but I had to because I'm confused and a little depressed.

So...I did what was suggested and did another CC spread, this time with the question: What is the best course of action to take with the situation between me and x?" And I got this:

1. Love and me: Five of Swords

2. Situation: Eight of Cups

3. Challenges: Ace of Swords

4. Background: Six of Swords

5. Recent Past: Five of Cups

6. Higher Power: Strength

7. Near Future: The Moon

8. Issues: Seven of Cups

9. The Loved One: Knight of Wands

10. Love Advice: Seven of Wands

11. Possible Outcome: The Tower

So. I think the aspects of this spread that made me the most depressed was the Eight of Cups in situation and the Tower as the possible outcome. Also, the five of swords. The general message I'm getting from the spread is to forget it and move on. I guess his issues will always get in the way, and he'll never overcome them for me.

I almost can't accept this, because I believe that if there is enough feeling between two people, you can overcome anything. Especially since last night, I asked....well, what did I ask. I think "What is the best way to handle the situation" or something, but I only did a three card spread and i got The Knight of Cups, the King of Cups, and the Queen of Cups. The Queen of Cups was reversed, which threw me, but I guess we can ignore that now. That confused me and I felt like it didn't give me enough information, so that is why I did a CC today.

Also, I sent him an email, and I asked the tarot to tell me in one card what the outcome of that would be, and I got the Four of Wands. And now this spread...and I misinterpreting it?

Thank you.

• Ok - I hate to say this - which was my point I was going to get to when I asked if you were using your own cards. I would throw that whole spread out. Sometimes when we are focused on ourselves and our situations (negatively) - you state you were alittle depressed - the cards will definitely pick up on your emotion and possibly show you your worst fears. It also shows the cards that you didn't respect the first reading you - even though you are re-wording the same question over and over. You will get mixed messages and unhappy results.

My advice to you would be to let it go for a few days (easier said than done) and then come back. Instead of asking how should I relate or anything in that form - I would ask - Give me a reflection on where X is in HIS LIFE. Keep yourself out of the equation -PERIOD. This way you will get a more clearer reading and you will know how to handle him based on what the interpretation of the cards.

That last spread - whew......way too many swords combined with the tower...........again - I wouldn't pay any attention to that spread...

AGAIN - STOP ASKING. You need to wait and clear your head. Post your new spread results in four days.......trust me.

• Okay, I agree. I need to leave my poor cards alone. I'll be back! Thank you!

• Contrary to popular belief the cards aren't going to spank you if you keep asking the same question over and over again. Everyone is giving the cards too much power of their own.

I agree whole heartedly the cards definitely reflect your current energy. With that, yes if you are continuing to ask the same question over and over again, and not seeing the answer, as your confusion and desperation grow, this will reflect in the reading. Just as depression.

understand this one fact, the cards show you the possible outcome of the situation you are asking about based on the energy present right now. So if you pull while you are depressed yes, the cards will reflect the effect of that energy on the situation. If you keep asking the same question and confusing yourself the cards will tap into that confusion.

Asking if he feels deeply and sincerely about you, is very different from asking what you should do.

In turn I’m not having you ask about him anymore, but what it is you need to do in this situation. To get a reading for you not him.

You do need a break, but first and foremost you need to stop ‘fearing’ what they cards might say to you. It’s blocking you. You have to feel in your heart as you do your cards that you are open to whatever they have to tell you, and even if they are speaking of an ending or difficult times ahead, this is necessary for your growth, and is not designed to ‘hurt’ you. The ‘disrespect’ to the cards is not trusting in the divinity of what you are about to receive and fearing the truth of what they may be telling you.

If I am afraid of the dark, I may see things there that are not really so. My own fear may cause me to back up into something far worse than the dark before me. So it is with the cards.

• Bluedawn - I agree with you wholeheartedly - you conveyed what I was trying to say far more eloquently than I did. I do have to say though - I found out the hard way once - I was asking about my relationship; first I did the celtic cross. That spread confused me, so then I added another 5 or 6 cards - and another, and another, until I was halfway through the deck. I was depressed and confused about him when I started the reading and when I finished - I was horrified. The more I asked the same question, just worded differently, the worse it got until the last question when I stopped. My last question was - what can I expect if I stick it out with him? and I got the tower, death, five of swords, three of swords and the page of wands. These are the most nastiest cards I have ever seen. So I posted that based on my personal experience.

I refuse to do another reading about myself ever again. I am too emotional on certain things and I would not be able to inpterpret them correctly. Anyone else - not a problem....lol!!!

• on the actual reading...

1. The Five of Swords is a card representing ambition in the negative sense. Too much ambition without regard to the consequences to oneself or others results ultimately in a situation of loss for everyone. You, the seeker coming to the Tarot for understanding, may be represented either by the callous winner or the dejected losers. In any case a negative connotation is encountered. If your focus is solely on winning your goals at any cost, you will eventually discover to your own dismay that the price of winning may not have been worth the reward.

2.Nothing is permanent in life. Sooner or later, everything slips away...or we slip away from it. The eight of Cups stands for those moments when we realize, once and for all, that the past is gone. What was true is no longer true. It is indeed time to move on. Moving on can mean a physical change such as leaving a job, location or relationship. It can also mean an inner change - releasing old patterns, especially those that have dominated our thoughts and emotions.

3.Triumph. You need to identify the long-term goals and major principles that will enable you to make your life a statement of your unique personality. Open up a channel to sacred wisdom. Triumph over adversity and ignorance.

Mind clear, mental power, clarity, great strength and powerful insight, victory, sense of personal freedom. A powerful relationship which could be good or bad for Querent. Force. Things are changing for the good. With courage and intellect, nothing can stand in your way. Success from "nowhere".

4. The Six of Swords represents the dull, listless state that can come over us from time to time. When we feel this way, we don't even want to get out of bed. In readings, the Six of Swords usually indicates a period of mild depression. Nothing is seriously wrong, but nothing is really right either. You're getting by, but not thriving. In the picture the woman in the boat is wrapped in a cloak. She is cut off from her surroundings and oblivious to her fellow travelers. Life can seem this way when we feel the blues.

5. In readings, the Five of Cups can alert you to the possibility of a loss and its associated emotions - sorrow, regret, denial. The loss could be great or small. It could be tangible (money, possession, relationship, work), or intangible (dream, opportunity, prospect, reputation). You may already know what this card represents, but, if not, use it as a warning to help you avoid a loss, or at least reduce its toll.

6.This card represents strength, determination, and power in a manner similar to the Chariot. However, the differences are obvious at a glance. Instead of a powerful, focused warrior we encounter a gentle woman, unarmed and without the protection of armour. She overcomes the lion with a quiet strength which can only come from within. Where the Chariot represented outer strength and will, the card of Strength represents inner power, the power of the human spirit to overcome any obstacle.

7.Night Journey. You need to go on without a clear picture of where you are, where you are going or where you have been. You do not have to fear the unknown. With intuition and faith in yourself and benevolent forces you can succeed. If you look around the room right now, you will see people and objects that are comforting in their familiarity. Everything is exactly as you expect it to be. You know that if you closed your eyes and opened them, the room would be the same. But, have you ever lost the familiar to find, in its place, a world so extraordinary you can't even grasp it? This is the experience of the Moon. In readings, this card often stands for fears and anxieties - the ones that come in the darkest part of the night.

8.The Seven of Cups speaks of letting go. Letting go of a former relationship, workplace, project. When the seven of Cups appears, it is important to look carefully at how disordered your situation sometimes has become. It may have turned in a chaotic situation where some tightening may be necessary. It is easy to wish for something, but not so easy to make that wish come true. A choice, and a sacrifice will have to be made. Tighten up your life and commit yourself to doing what it takes to reach your goals .. even if it means the offering of life, of mind and limb.

9.When the Knight of Wands shows up in your reading, it's time to ask yourself these questions: How am I growing? How much energy am I putting into my own self-growth? Who is radiating creative or sexual energy in my life? How am I changing? What opportunities are entering my life right now that I feel passionate about?

Where the Page of Wands represented the immature beginnings of a new idea or creative adventure that exists only as a "castle in the sky," the Knight of Wands represents the active pursuit of that adventure. Since the suit of Wands is analogous to the alchemical element of fire, this knight is representative of the hot passion of inspiration in search of fulfilment. Unlike the Page of Wands who simply dreams his dream, the Knight actively pursues his vision with an abandon that is characteristic of the impulsive astrological sign of Aries.

10.The Seven of Wands stands for aggression and defiance because they are two sides of the same coin. You attack; your opponent defends. He counterattacks; you defend. Some battles are worth fighting, others just cause trouble. If you are involved in a conflict, ask yourself if it's worth the struggle. Is it important? Does it have value? Will the outcome serve you or others? If so, be bold and aggressive. Defend your position. Refuse to yield! If not, then consider letting the conflict go. Be honest with yourself about this. You will be tempted to hold onto your position, especially if you have invested much time and energy into it. Don't let battle lines be drawn unless the war is worth fighting. Courage. You need to know what courage really means. Go forward in spite of your fears. Defend the things you love. Do not compromise your position. You may need to go it alone. Come out from behind your defenses and act.

Determination, stand by what you value, face up to situation, work problems one by one, defend yourself. Defiance, time of adversity. Stand your ground, do not give in.

11. Soul shaking experiences though difficult are necessary for they literally force us to grow beyond our present level by blowing us out of our comfort zones. Once we hit bottom the choice is ours, we can revert to the self defeating, bondage of self (Devil) or reach for the Star. We begin to reach for the Star with the realisation that our true security and strength lies within ourselves and our relationship with the God of our own understanding. We know we will arise stronger, wiser and more serene as we begin to develop qualities we didn't even know we could possess.

The world will continue to bring Tower experiences that can revolutionise our lives if we let them. They are the vehicles which shatter our illusions and bring the revelations necessary for our spiritual growth.

I keep looking at your cards, and I feel like you are asking these questions, but in your heart you truly know the answers. No you don't want to feel like you are giving up...but there are obviously reasons you doubt his conviction. These cards say to me that you are not meant to know what is coming, you know all the enegy that is in play, you can choose to be afraid, or you can stand your ground and do what you know is right for you, change your life. You need to stop worrying so much about the future, and invest yourself in the NOW. Truly open your eyes to your own fears, your own intutions, and your own needs... and make some serious changes in your life.

If he's still there when your done...Awesome! If he's not then rest assured you will find who is supposed to be there when you get where you need to be with yourself.

They may not be telling you to forget it and move on, but they are certainly telling you to move. In moving yourself, towards your goals/ your needs, you will see clearly where this person belongs in your life. If you move, you change the energy, in which case the Tower may go away... if you can gain awareness of your fears and put them where they belong, you may change a lot of things about this spread.

That is how tarot works... a frame work for where you stand right now, you look at it, you see the negatives the warnings, take note of them, move away from them, and thus change the outcome...

Don't get so bogged down in the absolutes, and don't get depressed sweet heart, (i know that's easy to say) If he is not the one, then I promise you the universe has something far better in store for you... it's just asking you now if you are willing to face the journey whatever the outcome, and the journey is you....