Asking for insight

• From anyone who feels guided to answer.

My heart has been badly broken recently. It isn't the first time it's happened, but I'm afraid that I won't ever be able to open up and try to let someone in because I've been hurt so badly, so often, that I'd rather be alone than ever feel heartbroken again.

There was a fellow I was seeing this summer and he decided to not pursue things further because he "needed to get his life in order".

We were both at a party last week and I saw him as he really was. Don Juan.

I told him I still liked him anyway (I think I must be stupid) and he flat-out told me that I didn't want him and that I should move on.

So I will. (took his number out of my phone, deleted him on Facebook....)

But that doesn't change that I'm hurting and that doesn't change that I'm angry with myself for always falling for people who will never be interested.

What am I doing wrong? What am I doing that's scaring people away from me? What am I doing that's bringing all these jerks my way? It must be me. I'm the only constant in all of this.

My birthday is 9 November 1987, if it helps.

Thank you.

• Are the jerks coming your way or are you going by way of the jerks?

If you surround yourself with water you might get wet. If you surround yourself with sand you might get sandy. If you surround yourself with jerks.....

Make sure you are fishing in the pond.

• Thank you, SalientLiving,

The jerks usually come to me. Usually.

Thanks again.