Is there an end in sight?

• I lost my job a year ago and have been suffering economic hardship ever since. Now my savings are gone and I am trying to get by on welfare. I try to maintain a positive outlook but with the bills piling up, I face the prospect of looming homelessness and destitution. I am not a wasteful or frivolous person so I don't throw my money around. I hate borrowing from people but have been forced to do it just to get by. Does anyone here see if I am blocking abundance from coming to me or doing something wrong?

• Hi Denise,

This lull might be a good time to sit down and make a list of the things that bring you joy in life.

If you are considering job possiblities...a surefire one is in the nursing industry. You can get a CNA or CMA certification relatively inexpensively...and there are government programs to help in doing that.

There are health care agencies for the elderly that are looking for caregivers.

It might be time to go to a community college for something that you really want to do.

The Colonel Sanders of Kentucky Fried Chicken was broke and 65 when he started doing what he loved most...making perfect fried chicken. You know the rest of the story.

Laura Ingalls Wilder was 65 when she wrote her first novel.

Ask yourself what you really desire as a purpose in life.

Then ask God to guide you, and be aware of the opportunities that arise. They will...I am sure of it. I have experienced this over and over again.

The key is knowing what you want...being brave enough to the first step to get there...and you will find doors opening that you didnt know were there.

May you be Blessed in your endeavors, and may light shine upon your pathway.

• Just a note...your sincere quest for knowledge dear is evidence that you are doing nothing wrong. You have a sincere desire in your heart...and that desire will be blessed. Don't give up.

• Thanks, Patchlove, that's very reassuring.