Budding rel. w/ a Capricorn?

• I'm a Gemini & he's a Capricorn. He's seventeen and I'm sixteen, turning seventeen in June.

He was interested in another girl--same middle name & first name as mine if you'll believe it--until the other day.

She kept saying she needed more time when he asked her out. The other day, he gave her one last shot & she said no. He didn't seem too upset about it, but he's never worn his emotions on his sleeve.

I've known him since middle school. He's an amazing guy; funny, sweet, caring. He's not really shown too much interest in me, but he's made it clear that he doesn't think I'm hideous and he doesn't think it would take a miracle for us to get together (because he knows I like him).

Yesterday--the day after her "rejection" of him--he texted me and we went back and forth for hours. He introduced the idea of us going out and didn't deny the plausibility of it. I'd almost say he was flirting with me at times, even though he claims he can't flirt.

Today he texted me again and the communication continued all day long. We joked and shared feelings and I could swear there was some flirting going on again. He asked me if I'd like to spend the afternoon with him tomorrow, and of course I said yes.

What is going on here? Is he showing an interest in me? Is it only because he knows I'll say yes? Does he like me for me or not?

I want this very badly--I don't get attention from guys very often. And when I do, it's usually not from the right kind of guy, or they're only teasing or being obnoxious.

Am I too desperate for this? How do I know how much enthusiasm is too much?

I've never even kissed a guy before, so how do I know how to further this relationship without destroying it?

• The way i see it is that he enjoys hanging out with you. You do not know whether he still likes that girl as he never worn his emotions on his sleeve. Ask how he really felt after that rejection and how he sees it. And also ask if he would go out with her if she said yes.There's nothing wrong about going out with him. The more time you spent with him, the more you would understand about him and this could help u make further decision.Let him know you're still interested in him and don't rush into decisions. Be prepared. =]