Feeling a pull towards a certain career all of a sudden?

• For some reason, lately I have been having this strong pull towards studying to become an actress (or Performing Arts is what it is called, from what I have been reading.)

Back in 2004/2005 when I was around 20 or 21 years old, I was interested in pursuing this option, but for some reason I did not pursue it. However now, I am having strong feelings about pursuing it and feel very positive thoughts about it. It baffles me a bit because I usually am quite nervous when speaking in front of others and I usually would try to "get out of" things like presentations waaay back in high school and college. I guess I would have to get over my fear of speaking in front of others though, wouldn't I? 😃

Could someone please provide me insight as to why I am feeling such a strong pull towards this career and if it has a strong chance of working out at all in the future?

I am curious as to what anyone thinks and/or sees about this.

Thank you!

• Even if it doesn't work out, you need to go for it and find out if you could do well. Otherwise you will spend your life wondering if you should have done it. It might also lead to other things. If you are nervous about doing it fulltime, why not start out doing it part time, maybe in a local production to get the feel of the stage? And ask for honest criticism and feedback from your fellow thesbians. You have to give it a go - even if you find out it's not for you, at least you know what to cross off the list of life experiences.

• PS. At the very least, it will give you more confidence in public. It certainly would help you with your fear of public speaking - but everyone has that. It's one of the most common phobias and speaks to our fear of looking like a fool or being judged poorly by our peers. If you can lose that fear, you'll find managing life a whole lot easier.