Long Distance Bi-racial Marriages

• They say that absence makes the heart grow fonder, but when we're together there's alot of tension between us. Communication is a challenge, personality clashes everyday, cultural differences are confusing and disappointing most of the time. Baby Momma Dramma stinks, not to mention financial issues. Even after eight hard years of it, I still don't know if this is it.

Now that we're apart once again, I find myself wondering what to do. I'm terrible at long distance relationships and communication is barely existant. I can't really say there is fidelity and 30% of me doesn't believe so. I don't want to waste my life being unhappy all the time.

I am tempted to find someone I can talk to and have more in common with. Someone who understands me and vice versa. Most important is respect in any relationship, which I never seem to get. Or appreciation on certain holidays and especially birthdays abd Valentines day. Or even Christmas for that matter... Days turn into years and I'm very lonely for a person that can make me feel safe, loved, cherished, fulfilled. I'm depressed all the time. I've been fighting it all of my life. Medications don't work. Self medication doesn't work. This relationship with my husband is unconventional to say the least, and certainly adds to my depression.

I would appreciate any words of advice or comfort to get me through this tough time from anybody out there who understands or been there?

• I have been exactly where you are, and I can tell you from experience it will get better, hang in there. No amount of any kind of medication will take away your pain and quite frankly you shouldn't want it to. You need to really feel all the emotions you are now, these will assist you in not only moving on with your life but also assist you in not choosing the same kind of man. Don't you dare give up, this is life, it has it's ups and downs, and although the ups are much more fun, the downs are needed as well.

It sounds to me like this marriage was over a long time ago and actually filing for divorce is in order. Do it, demand more for yourself, go out into the world and grab what you want! You can do it, we all can. Demand respect, demand perfection, demand love, demand happiness, demand anything you want, and then go out and get it. Only you have that power.

• I'm 100% behind Myviewpoint....I've been there too. x

• Wow, I forgot I wrote this. Update, I finally asked my husband for a divorce, I found my soulmate! Someone who knows how to love me the way I need to be loved!! God is good!! Thank You Lord!