Share your romantic story....

• So I'm a romantic and I wanted to see if people here in the forum would want to share how they met the loves of their life or that special person who gives meaning to everything else... soulmates, twinflames... etc etc whatever you want... just make sure it's positive and romantic 🙂 even if it wasn't meant to be forever and ever you can still share your story 🙂

I'll start... Lucky me I have had three people in my life that I have love the most (besides my immediate family of course)... and all I've met in what I think were special circumstances...

anyhow the last person I met was at the airport...

the flight was during a weekday lots lots of man in suits ready to board the plane... me? I didnt hear the boarding instructions so I decided to ask someone what the speaker had said...

and I browse through the boarding line... and browse... and then I saw him... and I thought... he looks serious enough that will just answer to me and that's it... and he did answer "13" the seats boarding, LOL...

but I recognized an accent... and asked "where are you from"... so it was ME doing the first talking... it happened we were heading to the EXACT same place, my hometown in Mexico!!

after our transfer before boarding to the second plane...

which almost leaves me behind... everybody had boarded but him and someone else... hahaha

I do think he was waiting for me because he knew where I was and he also knew I was supposed to be on that plane...

and then I said something even before I thought about it... I felt like my brain had "vomit" talking before I knew what I just said...

I asked him for his "business card" LOL, he told me to wait... and I was like... ok...

the whole flight went by, and I was shy didn't look to see where he was sitting on the plane... I got off the plane my parents were already waiting for me and I thought...

well... whatever if he doesn't give it to me oh well...

I was with my parents talking and laughing waiting for the luggage and suddenly someone taps on my shoulder and it was him... giving me his business card, asking my name and telling me to call him... and I introduce him to my parents and that was it...

and so the rest started... that's the story 🙂

anyone else wants to share??

• HappyDoc,

Wait...It was just starting to get good and juicy ! so did you call,

what happend after that lol [eats popcorn] a date ? .

I really wish I had a cute romantic story like that...But I dont...shessh.

most of my "relations" always start in the work business, i always end up

of falling for the guy i work with lol geesshh, thats rule #1 never miss

business with pleasure, but Hey... lol, it always happens like that for me.

-blessings thanks for sharing!

• Hi addictdtoriches, LOL thanks!

no one participated in here 😞 I guess not everyone is romantic... lol...

u can tell your stories too, a glance?, a smile? or the first impression you had when you saw that person? 🙂

yes I sent an email initially but after 4 days or so... funny I was 30 yrs old and my parents wouldn't let me go out with him because I didn't (and THEY didn't know him).

My mother wanted him to go and sit in our living room to talk to me, LOL

after other attempts to take me for lunch or something and didn't work...

He invited me to a party and my parents wouldn't let me go... I had to cry and argue with them for permission... finally they agree and off I went...

My mother walked with me almost to the car and he saw my mom and got out of the car and went to say Hi to her and kiss her on the cheek (good boys and girls do that to elders in Mexico), oh yeah he also said "Thanks for letting her come" LOL (he got good points for that for sure!!)

I had to be back by midnight... I had lived by myself as a student for 6 yr at least but at home "the rules are the rules"

anyhow we had a good time... I dont know if we are going to be together again, I hope so...

we dated and we broke up... but even after we had broken up, he went again to my hometown for work and offered to take some stuff back to Canada for me, so he saw my parents again, had coffee with my mother one afternoon and another night had dinner with my Dad and Mom...

that was weird...

we are still in touch after 2.5 yrs that we broke up... I guess it'll be up to me if I'll keep him in my life or not in the future... it'll depend on what we both want in life...

Certainly I know I was destined to meet him for sure... since our break up I have remembered a lot important things about myself and learnt a lot too, that's how I ended up here at the forum... and involved with my spiritual side again and angels, reiki, etc etc

Anyhow, hope I wasn't too boring... 🙂 and thanks for asking...

• I hope more people want to share their stories... 🙂

• I'll share mine. Not sure if it is romantic but at least it might give someone some hope.

I met my ex online - through eharmony actually. I was bored out of my skull and at the time I and a friend of mine would go around finding silly tests to take and share the results with each other, like "what kind of dog are you" or "what's your theme song" or "what kind of lover are you." We really loved doing the personality tests. My friend was a recently divorced mom and eharmony kept running those annoying commercials.She came up with the idea that we should do the personality tests to see what the report would say about what type of mate we should be looking for. Of course, I was already all into that so I went ahead and did it. After the test you had the choice to look for matches. I wanted to see who I would be matched with so I executed a nationwide search and only got two guys (HA!!). And yes my ex was one of the two matches.

Let's just say curiosity got to me. About a day or so after taking the test, I got an email from eharmony offering a $5 trial membership for 2 weeks. I took the offer and starting communicating with the guys - completely out of character for me - I hate initiating - but I was gonna make those $5 work. 🙂 I liked the first guy better but the second guy (my ex) started growing on me. He was very open and talkative. The first guy got lost in hyperspace - he had just broken up with someone before joining. I didn't bother him anymore. I turned my attention to my ex. I wasn't physically attracted to him at all, but at that point we hadn't met - just exchanged pictures. We would chat online about anything and I thought he'd make a nice friend. We had a lot in common even though he was from a different country and had just moved to the US for school. Soon our little chats would stretch into 3 hour chats. He would jokingly tell his friends he was talking with his online girlfriend whenever they wondered what the heck he was doing.

He kept pressing me to meet him in person although he lived like 8 hours away. I was very hesitant but after a few months I felt I could trust him enough to at least meet the guy in a public place. We met on a holiday weekend at a large city halfway between our homes (I lied to my parents and said I was going on a business trip- not smart in hindsight). Anyway, when we met he looked better in person and was very shy around me. I didn't feel afraid at all but as though we had already known each other before. Initially I though it was due to our long chats. We did a little sightseeing and he ended up telling me his whole life story. It was weird for him because he had never told anyone the things he told me (and never has as far as I know). He said he felt he could completely trust me. I felt the same way. Very odd for both of us because we are both super-critical distrustful people. I'd never been with any person other than family members that made me feel so at ease. We had our "Sleepless in Seattle" moment when he held my hand. Actually he was into mysticism and said he could read palms. I let him read mine and instantly felt a connection with him. Later I found out he used to do that in high school as an excuse to get close to girls. LOL! Well, it worked.

After that we started planning more trips together and eventually moved to be closer to him. Even after we broke up we were still best friends but I had to let him go anyway. He still wanted a girlfriend. I didn't want a boyfriend but depended on him as though we still had that type of relationship. We both believed we were each other's soul mate but for some reason it was just too much work to stay together. We thought being friends would fulfill our need to be with each other but obviously that didn't work out either. Still we learned a lot from each other and I learned that you need to take risks to get anything of value in life and just because you've met your soul mate doesn't mean you end up being with them forever. There are more out there waiting for you to find them and learn more lessons in love.

• Tenchi2go, thanks so much for your story 🙂