Looking for new deck suggestions...

• Sooo I've got a Rider Waite deck and a Thoth deck (which seems deep but complicated). Any suggestions on where to go from here?

• This is an interesting question...I have only ever used the Rider Waite - so unfortunately, I can't help you. I think two answers from you might help someone with knowledge of other decks help you, though:

1. Why aren't your current decks doing it for you? (Is it the imagery, symbolism, etcetera)

2. If you peruse the various decks on this site, what are you attracted to? Why?

If you're having difficulties "relating" to your decks, I left detailed instructions for a simple enough exercise to help anyone new to Tarot and/or having a block get back in touch on this thread:

http://www.tarot.com/forum/topic.php?id=10697&replies=7

I hope these suggestions are useful to you or to someone else helping you find a new deck!

Best,

Wild Places

• I do like the Rider and Thoth decks. Im just a bit overwhelmed by all the choices out there. The deck by Robin Wood seems kinda interesting - different from the Rider enough to shed different light, but similar enough that I can still understand it.

I'll check out your link 🙂

• Well, you should know that there are more than one version of the Rider-Waite Tarot. U.S. Games sells them, you can check them out here or on their site.

Also, I saw a blog post about a place that makes their cards on wood - same deck you're used to, just a different medium.

It was called naturaltarot.com.

Good luck finding something that gets your juices flowing!

-FrownUP!

• This post is deleted!

• <<interrupt thread="">></interrupt>

I KNOW WHERE YOU CAN GET THIS PROGRAM FOR FREE

<<resume thread="">></resume>

• Yea thanks to the moderator for removing that huge ad from the thread.

I checked out both suggestions.

WildPlaces: I liked the idea of working on a connection with the deck. I don't think I'm going to follow your exact method, but I do feel like its something I need to expand upon for myself.

FrownUp: I checked out and some of the other Rider Waite variants. I liked the decks at .

If I had the cash on hand to get one I probably would have. I do wish I could see how they felt in my hands though! Hehe wishful thinking.

To anyone else with suggestions: Feel free to post em here. It may help me or someone else find a deck they love =D

In the end, I might just put my deck hunting on hold, and try to get to know the ones I have a little better. The Thoth deck is admittedly a little intimidating right now.

• I checked out those wooden decks - they are lovely; but not sure if they are worth the expense. I've thought of making my own, too - without relying on the ancient symbolism of the Rider-Waite, etc. since I tend to tune in to the vibrations of the Source and the Querent when I read anyways.

Anyone ever make their own deck? Just curious...

Good luck Johnny - also, sometimes simply stepping away from the cards completely and connecting other ways (meditations, rituals, hiking, whatever does it for you) - can get your intuition back on track.

At the end of the day - it's all about whatever works!

Best,

Wild Places

• Hi, I'm new to using web forums. I tried to click on the name for the wooden deck site, but it didnt change the web page. It's not underlined like the other one. What am I doing wrong?

• This post is deleted!

• Hey Fran, you just need to type it into the bar at the top of the screen. I tried to give you a link, but i think it was against policies or something.

• This post is deleted!