Hanswolfgang if you have time

• Hi Hans... just wanted to chat with you... with your responses so provocative...

Lately I've felt I lost myself, I was working working at school and I got where I am now and suddenly I don't know for sure what else to do afterwards... and with a break up this last two years it was a lot of craziness although I ended up here and more on the spiritual side so that IS good...

interesting turn of events for sure...

I know there will be options and thank God for that...

Sometimes my faith waivers on me... with this fears it's hard to focus on the now but i'm getting there...

anyway just wanted some attention from you I guess, LOL šŸ™‚ hope you don't mind...

• HAPPYDoc,

how can I mind you being so honest and self-reflective. I appreciate this. Be a happy doc for yourself, and treat your fears as you would treat someone else.

Give as if you are not giving. If you can give as if you are not giving, great will be your merit.

Unless this has somewhere created the desire again,even just an unconscious desire, but a ripple...

But you are capable now, just on the treshold.

Reading this, you must have longed. The longing may be a subtle seed, but you must have longed now. This must have somewhere created the desire.

This is the dilemma.

• Hi Hans, it's a little funny what I have to say... also I'm not sure if you meant it that way but just in case...

I must confess my forum name it's a little stupid... I'm not an MD doctor... i'm studying for a PhD...

but two years ago when things started to collapse I thought it was because of my schooling (career)... and so I felt lonely and my name was "lonelydoc" and then when I re enter the forums this year I had a dream and someone told me something like "careful with the self-prophecy" and then I changed my name....

anyhow... that's the explanation of the doc and my name, I know it's silly... I just cant change it anymore LOL I only have a limited number of e-mail accounts šŸ™‚

"give as if you are not giving" great insight.... definitely the best recipe to live by... not an easy one sometimes...

if I could just set myself free of the fears...

Is Hans your real name? or why did u pick Hanswolfgang? šŸ™‚

• HAPPYDoc,

it does not matter, why you took that name, important is the name as such. And speaking of self-prophecy, now be a happy doc for yourself, and I think you can do that better without being brainwashed by becoming a real doc.

Is Hans your real name? Yes.

or why did u pick Hanswolfgang? because my real name "Hans-Wolfgang" was not allowed here. I had to compromise with Hanswolfgang.

If you fail you feel frustrated; your whole life

seems to be a sheer wastage. If you succeed, you never

succeed; if you fail, you fail -- this is the whole

game.

• "If you fail you feel frustrated; your whole life

seems to be a sheer wastage. If you succeed, you never

succeed; if you fail, you fail -- this is the whole

game."

Hi Hans šŸ™‚

is that idea related to the fact that most humans are "never happy" and always looking for something outside them to satisfy them??

I hope I wont feel frustrated once I graduate LOL right now though things are challenging (lots of pressure from people around me) but I'm hoping it'll settle down... and I'll find a satisfying job and be happily ever after LOL šŸ™‚

• This post is deleted!

• HAPPYDoc,

is that idea related to the fact that most humans are "never happy" and always looking for something outside them to satisfy them?? no, I say: Be a driftwood --

whatsoever happens, let it happen. Don't have a choice

of your own. Whatsoever comes on your way, welcome it.

Sometimes it is day, sometimes it is night; sometimes

it is happiness, sometimes it is unhappiness -- you be

choiceless, you simply accept whatsoever is the case.

A Zen story: There were two temples, ancient temples,

enemy temples, and the enmity had gone on for

centuries. Both the old priests of those temples hated

each other so much that they would not look at each

other. If one was passing on the road the other would

move into a bypass. But they had two small boys -- just

to do small things for the old people -- and both

priests were insisting to them, "Remember, never speak

to the boy of the other temple." But boys are boys. In

fact, this became a temptation. They might not have

bothered, but because the insistence was so much they

became intrigued.

And one day, they met on the road going towards the

market to fetch some vegetables. One boy said, "Hello,

where are you going?"

And the other boy had a little of a philosophical

bent. He said, "Wherever the wind takes me." The first

boy could not believe such an answer, he had never

expected it. And he thought that perhaps the old man

was right not to talk to these people.

He felt defeated, and he came back to the temple. He

said to the old priest, "Forgive me, but I could not

resist saying `hello' to the boy. And they are really

nasty people, you are right. I asked the boy a simple

question, `Where are you going?' And I knew where he

was going and where I was going, the road goes to the

market. And the boy said, `Wherever the wind takes

me.'"

The old man said, "This is not right to be defeated.

Our temple has never been defeated by those people. We

have argued for centuries. Tomorrow, ask again, `Where

are you going?' and when he says, `Wherever the wind

takes me,' ask him, `If the wind is not blowing,

then?'"

The boy was very happy, he was waiting far ahead on

the road for the other boy to come. The other boy came,

and he was going on as if he had not even seen the

waiting boy.

The boy said, "Hello, where are you going?" And he

was prepared, but that boy was strange.

He said, "Wherever my legs take me." Now the answer

that he had prepared was irrelevant, the situation had

changed.

He felt very bad, very much hurt. He went directly to

the priest, with tears in his eyes, and said, "They are

really nasty, they don't stick to their ideology.

Yesterday he said, `Wherever the wind takes me,' today

he said, `Wherever my legs take me.' I was dumfounded

because I could not give the prepared answer that I had

taken from you. Now you have to give me another

answer."

The old man said, "I had told you beforehand, don't

start this. Ask again, `Where are you going,' and when

he says, Wherever my legs take me,' ask him,Suppose

you had no legs?'"

Very happy, the next day he was again waiting and he

asked, "Where are you going?"

The boy said, "Just to fetch a few vegetables from

the market."

Utterly defeated, he went back and he said to the old

man, "What to do? These people are so inconsistent,

today he has changed again. He said, `I am going to

fetch a few vegetables.'"

But life is such... today it is one thing, tomorrow

it is another, the day after tomorrow nobody knows what

it will be. Your memorized answers, your borrowed

knowledge from others never fits with life, because

life goes on changing and your scriptures remain the

same.

• Hans:

Be a driftwood --

whatsoever happens, let it happen. Don't have a choice

of your own. Whatsoever comes on your way, welcome it.

Sometimes it is day, sometimes it is night; sometimes

it is happiness, sometimes it is unhappiness -- you be

choiceless, you simply accept whatsoever is the case.

Happy: Wonderful Hans, I very much liked the story too šŸ™‚ thank you...

this freedom can be achieve through meditation? being more open and choiceless?

sounds wonderful, so peaceful...

• HAPPYDoc,

this freedom can be achieve through meditation? yes.

being more open and choiceless? no, only through understanding.

This is what I call the quality of a spiritual being. This is what I call religious consciousness. It is neither for nor against ā€“ because if you are for, you will be against; if you are against, you will be for. And when you are for something or against something you have divided existence into two. You have a choice, and choice is hell. To be choiceless is to be free of hell.

• Hans I understand **** can be anything? or is it h e ll? or is it a "cursing" word, lol... hahaha it's funny sorry! but I think you meant to put a blank so anything can fit in there...

I understand, but it's hard to be completely free when others opinions and believes are actually HURTING other people sometimes innocent ones, in so many different cases...

it's hard not to be against injustices....

it's hard to be indifferent...

then I feel like fighting, convincing, helping etc etc...

I'll have to abandon this thread for the next two days as my parents are coming to visit me šŸ™‚

but "I'll be back"! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend šŸ™‚

• HAPPYDoc,

Hans I understand **** can be anything? No, I have just been censored again.

or is it h e ll? yes, exactly, but only, if one writes it in just such a clever way as you did.

Taoism is a way of getting free of all the

injustices perpetrated against you by society. Taoism

wants to return to you all that society has stolen from

you.

This is why taoism can never be social.

• Hi Hans, u there?

i have a question, can someone embracing Taoism be happily married and/or follow social behavioral "rules"...

and does it have to be called Taoism or also just in general spirituality also frees a person from false standards and expectations?

thanks for your time and insight

• HAPPYDoc,

Hi Hans, u there? No, I am here.

can someone embracing Taoism be happily married and/or follow social behavioral "rules"...: no. If there are no principles and no regulations, it is pure taoism.

and does it have to be called Taoism: no. It remains the last, it is non-ambition. It has no ambitions to be the first.

or also just in general spirituality also frees a person from false standards and expectations? yes, a sisterhood of spirituality, where everybody is to share her abundance. We create such abnormal expectations of people that they drive them mad, but all these assumptions are false and worthless.

thanks for your insight: you are against natural exchange.

Truth is beyond affirmation or negation. Neither can it be said about truth that it is, nor can it be said that it is not. Nothing can be said about truth.

• Hans, I cant decide what area, field, kind of job/work environment I'm suppose to pursue...

and I want to decide, to find out where my heart wants me to go now, and why cant I hear it?

How do i find it?

• I feel I ran and ran to get here and now?

mmm the idea that maybe I'm happy where I am and I don't want to leave, I don't want to move right now and start all over again, all by myself, away from everyone I know, meeting everyone all over again....

all over again in the middle of strangers...

that idea felt good, not moving just getting a better paycheck that's all I want...

• HAPPYDoc,

why cant I hear it? because you rest having fulfilled your wishes to yourself.

How do i find it? By being no more dominated by the mind of a man.

I feel I ran and ran to get here and now? No.

Being happy is your nature, hence there is no

question of learning, no question of reaching

somewhere. You are already there, it has already

happened. It is your very being, your very ground. It

is in your every breath and in every beat of your

heart.

• Hans, thanks so much... your last message has made me think a lot....

IF it's true that I'm here, where I am "THIS IS IT", it's wonderful!!!

and if I choose to believe this I could stop nagging and doubting myself, I could just congratulate me and be happy.... accept me and love me and stop punishing and criticizing me....

and then I think if I decide this I could stop worrying because there's nothing else to worry about... and I could be efficient and productive again....

so maybe it's true that's I have a bit of lack of self-confidence.... and YOU have helped me recognize my mistake in my belief system....

I just need to get my s h i t together the next three months to cross the finish line!!!

THANKS THANKS!! šŸ™‚

• Pardon my french šŸ™‚

• HAPPYDoc,

society wants you to live an extrovert life, society wants you to be efficient in the world, to be more productive in the world ā€“ whether the production is good or bad is not the point. If you work in a factory where bombs are created you have to be efficient and productive. If you work in the army you have to be efficient and always obedient. Wherever you are, whether the work is good or bad is not the question: whatsoever the society has decided you have to follow, you have to fall in line.

• Hi Hans, just wanted to say Hi to you and hope this holiday season is going great for you in company of all your loved ones. I've been busy with school trying to make it to the finish line and being happy about it... looking forward to see what opportunities come to me in 2011 and how things will unfold...

Much love to you, HD!!