... Job desert.... .. No Oasis in sight...

• Dear Hanswolfgang

I am in a really bad spot.... For the past TWO years I have been looking for full-time work and to date I haven't been able to secure any. I have Always been pro-active, and most of the time I am positive, but it is now starting to get to me. I am feeling despondent and although I will not give up, ... my motto is 'Fall down seven times, get up eight', I am scared that Nothing is going to change. Is there a light at the end of the tunnel for me? I am very aware that you have a lot of knowledge Hanswolfgang and I would be Extremely appreciative if you would view my situation. My b/day is January 4th 1956.

Thanking you

Kind regards

Italianagirl

• Perhaps you could try for one or a couple of part time jobs instead, if full time work is unavailable? Any income coming in is better than nothing and at least you will be out of the house and in the workforce.

• Sorry, I didn't notice you asked for Hans when I answered.

• Thank you Captain, ANY advice, information is very appreciated!

Kind regards

Italianagirl

• Thank you Captain, ANY advice, information is very appreciated!

Kind regards

Italianagirl

• What type of job have you been looking for?

• Dear Captain

I am very passionate about community work. I have just enrolled in a Diploma of Community Services and a Diploma of Business Management online. I have promised myself to start 'getting into' the study at the end of this week. I also have a degree in Visual Arts which I want to 'add' to when I have finished these diplomas, which will be in the community area of learning. I have made the decision to work in community area of work for the rest of my life, because I truly want to help people, because I believe I understand what it is like to do the hard yards in life, and I believe that Everyone has the 'Right to be the best they can be'. So Captain that is why I am so frustrated by my situation, and my life is not easy at this point, financially as well, but I still have my beliefs and my strong desire to what is right for me, and that involves helping others. Thank you for asking me, I really appreciate Any insight.

Kind regards

Italianagirl

• Hmm, strange but I 'saw' you working in a bakery with your hands deep in flour. You looked happy.

• And you know you can help people, whatever you do for a job.

• Dear Captain, Yes you are quite correct that you can help people in whatever you do for a job, but I can sincerely say I have no thoughts, desires, to work in a bakery, I am very interested 'hands on' ith people, helping them in areas of employment, kinda ironic for me at this stage, in mental health areas, etcetera etcetera. I sincerely thank you for taking the time to 'look' at my situation.

Kind regards

Italianagirl

• Be careful that you are not being too rigid about what you should be doing. We can't always get a specific in life but we can obtain the same general thing by being open to all avenues. Don't limit yourself to one direction. And don't underestimate the power of a lovingly made bun to raise someone's spirits. 🙂