The Devil and ancient turtles.

• I dreamed I went to a restaurant with my sister and mother to meet family. We were driving on a highway and went over a bridge where we stopped at a man in a booth to ask for directions and he said go to the end of the road and tell the man at the gate We are lost, that's the only way he'll let us pass. We enter into the Restaurant, it was on the water as we enter my other sisters greet us, as I follow my sister she has this turtle that latches on to me at first I was showing it to people and then it snapped it's jaws on my shirt so I flung it away from me. Then as I leave the table where the family is I meet a man...he is the greeter standing near the bar and he's very tall, unusually handsome with dark eyes and a very deep voice...He is the devil, his voice is frightening and alluring and he tells me that I made my choice because I took the turtle, I told him I didn't make a choice that the turtle latched onto me and I threw it away...I then ran through double doors which I thought would be the kitchen to escape but instead it was open air ...the loading dock of the restaurant with a big barge loaded with empty turtle shells...thousands of these little skeletons, the turtles were about the size of a hand and they were carcasses...empty shells, it scared me so back into the restaurant I ran and found myself in a different room filled with empty beds and couches...nobody was in there and I made my way back to the family table only to find my one sisters 3 children sitting there and two of them with dates, I asked them where the rest of my family had gone and they said they all left but my mother left us here to wait for you and bring you home after you'd eaten your dinner....I hadn't even ordered yet. Then I woke up startled adn bewildered as to why I'd had this awful dream. I would appreciate any feedback....I'm normally very good at interpreting dreams but this one hits too close to home. I thank you sincerely.

• Good luck, weird dream, something with your subconsicious mind I'm sure. Someone will help you. 🙂

• Thank you poetic.

• searita4

I do a lot of dream analysis for myself and use a variety of resources to do it but I find the one that always seems to work best is simply bouncing the information off other people as you have done here.

My first impression was that you are feeling lost not that you are lost, meaning that you don't know what to do, there are choices the bridge would indicate the choices are ahead of you and that once you cross that bridge there may be no turning back, I assume this means it is a life changing choice. Turtles didn't really mean anything to me personally but it's snapping at you and grabbing you was in my view trying desperately to get your attention and make you choose a different direction not to go that way. Your encounter with the devil, you seem to be telling yourself you went too far. I don't know what is going on in your life exactly but it seems to me that you have been pondering on some level some things that you could do but deep down I think you know at least for you they are the wrong choice and that by seeing the empty shells you are envisioning the worst, as if you could lose your very soul and thus be left empty. Now don't take that as literally as it sounds. I think what you are saying to yourself with the imagery of this dream is simply you don't want to conform to others standards because they tell you to or you are feeling forced to choose what they want. It seems to me by your attempt to escape you are very aware this choice is not for you. Now what that relates to in your waking life I have no idea but from my own dream analogy experience this is what I got out of the imagery. Below is what one of my resources said in comparison. Please know this is my opinion not a reading, take it for what it's worth.

I got the following from dream moods dictionary, it's a great resource for dream analysis.

Lost

To dream that you are lost, suggests that you have lost your direction in life or that you have lost sight of your goals. You may be feeling worried and insecure about the path you are taking in life. If you try to call for help, then it means that you are trying to reach out for support. You are looking for someone to lean on. Alternatively, being lost means that you are still adjusting to a new situation in which the rules and conditions are ever changing.

To dream that someone else is lost, represents some unresolved issues or feelings pertaining to the person that is lost. Consider what aspect of that person you may have lost within your own self. Perhaps you need to recapture and re-acknowledge those aspects.

Turtle

To see a turtle in your dream, symbolizes wisdom, faithfulness, longevity, and loyalty. It also suggests that you need to take it slow in some situation or relationship in your life. With time and patience, you will make steady progress. Alternatively, a turtle indicates that you are sheltering yourself from the realities of life. You are putting forth a hard exterior and not letting others in. As a result, you are feeling withdrawn.

To dream that you are being chased by a turtle, indicates that you are hiding behind a facade, instead of confronting the things that are bothering you.

Devil

To see the devil in your dream, signifies fear, limitations, and negative aspects of yourself. You may be harboring feelings of guilt. It is time to release these feelings. Alternatively, the devil represents intelligence, cunningness, deception, and cleverness.

To dream that you fight off the devil, indicates that you will succeed in defeating your enemies.

To dream that the devil talks to you, suggests that you will find certain temptations hard to resist even though you know it is not in your best interest.

• Dear RC Dreamer...by the way my initials are RC. You have given me a view I hadn't thought of. My current situation is that I went through a horrid divorce 1 month before retiring my spouse took off and then within a week I found out he didn't pay any bills for the prior 3 months. The financial loss was devastating and my credit was destroyed and I found myself homeless by eviction 2 months later to wind up on my Mothers doorstep fighting a court battle without funds for a lawyer. It was the dirtiest business I'd seen in my lifetime. On top of that I found myself out of work and dependent on my family of origin....these people whom I did many things for when I was doing okay pretty much turned their backs on me...my Mother, sisters, brother and most of my nieces and nephews became fair weather friends with the exception of my one sister and her children who are the ones who waited for me in the Restaurant in the Dream. I wasn't driving in the dream, my other sister was and she did help me out very little....I guess I do feel abandoned by the rest and I certainly feel I am in the wrong place. The Devil, the deep voice and good looks, that I think was my ex-husband, he was all of that and he told me I chose and I said I threw it away...maybe my own guilt, I did make choices to keep friends he didn't want me to have, he was incredibly unfair and jealous and I would not submit. On some deep level I feel I should have known and gotten out myself while I could afford a lawyer and my credit was excellent. I blame myself. The empty turtle shells, there was a smell with it like rotting flesh...there is something more to it, I love the sea and it's always been my source of soul rescue, it's where I've always gone to solve my problems and set things right with the universe..to regenerate if you will. Maybe the turtles represent every individual thing I've ever worked for and earned that's all about to be sold at auction...my entire life sitting in storage units and unpaid. I probably owe about 2,000 dollars on 30,000 of merchandise but it may as well be 2000 empty turtle shells rotting on the shore because I'll probably never see that stuff again.

Thank you for the grim interpretation....I am normally very good at interpreting the dreams but I guess this one was too close to home and now I can see why, the good news for me is I had the courage to face it by coming to a place where I knew I'd get the right answer....Thank you RC Dreamer for your insight......Rita

• Rita,

I am so very sorry to hear all you have suffered. I know it is hard to believe but I do know your pain. Mine did not come from divorce but a fire, like you I had everything I could possibly "salvage" in storage, a unit I couldn't afford to pay for in time. It was a hard realization to face that everything that was left, that was near and dear to me was also about to be ripped from my grasp but now several years later I can look back on it and realize that for the most part they were just things. I was able to speak with the units owner who allowed me to go in and get my photos, a few trinkets that had belonged to my parents before they died, other than that, it's gone. Once in awhile I think about an item or two that I no longer have but truthfully for the most part I don't miss it. I ache for the hard work it took to accumulate it. I think your analogies are point on.

It is hardest to face the reality that those we have helped over the years are not there to help us. Believe me, I really do know exactly what you mean. Hold tight to that sister and her family, find strength in the love they have for you. Believe me they don't care about a dresser in storage but they care about you. Don't allow your ex to steal your spirit, the good in your heart, the person you are and were long before he was a part of your life. It is tragic that we must suffer to the brink of losing everything before God reaches down and somehow lifts us up. Have faith you are not alone. You cannot allow the negative to win, so be as positive as you can be. The stench you experience is a manifestation of the loss and deceit in my opinion it is the source of deprivation and rotting of all that you held so dear by the manipulation of someone you loved. We can get through losing a job, a car, a home (been there done that), we can get through losing stuff. But when it comes to losing the people you trusted, the ones you loved, the ones you supported, with no reciprocation for your efforts it cuts deep. I know. I'm sorry my interpretation was so grim. One day the sea will hold healing for you again turn those turtle shells into empty cans it's much easier to discard and let go of something that lacks value. You will get through this. If you ever need to vent or care to seek me out send a posting I'll find it. You are a good person that something bad happened to, don't allow him the satisfaction of having it destroy who you really are inside. Sending you white light for healing.

RC