Loveing oneself?

• how dos one learn to love and respect oneslf? and remain humble and honest?

• Humble and honest. Humility is a virtue. Honesty comes from truth. Seek the truth and it will set you free. Charity is the fruit of faith. St Thomas Aquinas said that you can't argue w/faith. It is a belief in the unseen. The greatest joy is seeing our Lord as he truly is. For me, the greatest truth is my faith. Love is not separate from humility and honesty.

Maybe learning to love yourself is accepting that you are with faults. Having an examination of conscious helps. I try not to be blind to my faults. When we don't see our faults, it blinds us. Sin will blind us to the truth.

• dalia-

maybe loving yourself is getting a better job to do then judging others.. do you think you could do a better thing with your time? I think so.. Is your life so perfect? Let me guess..

• Hi HighPriestess, "I try not to be blind to MY FAULTS." That's the only way I can really find the truth. An examination of conscious is going to confession. I read a lot of St. Thomas Aquinas. What I wrote are excerpts from that. That is how I chose to answer this post. How would you answer it. This is not an excerpt from my life. This is my belief, my faith. Sorry if I offend you.

• I'm not sure you can learn to love and respect yourself. I think the question that needs to be answered is, "Why am I not loving and respecting myself"? Is it bad choices, or maybe you are in need of some type of medicinal help. Like HighPriestess09 said, no one is perfect. Don't be so hard on yourself.

• Wow. Am I reading you all very wrong? You seem to be very angry and negative. Sissy has a very valid question. Most people spend their whole lives trying to accept themselves for whom they are.

Sissy - find your true Heart's Desire. When you are fulfilling what you desire without causing yourself or anyone else grief or guilt, you will have discovered self-love; and self-worth. You will get there.

• Sissy for me it had to do with finding my own idenity,and feeding that. You have to stop taking on someone elses and really hold on to your own. Don't give up on what you want to do for someones interest or hobbies. Then you do you loose yourself. That for me had a lot to do with me loving and respecting myself. Working gives you a sense of self worth and helps to feed that.